Thursday, October 9, 2008

October

There is definitely a chill in the air these days. I've only been on my bike once in the past week and that was for the Fall Colors tour a sure sign that winter is fast approaching and Karen's getting lazy. I'm blaming it on the short days, I get up in the dark, go to work in the dark and by the time I get home, grab something to eat I only have about 2 hours to do something before it gets dark again. Couple that with the rain we've had this week and I can come up with some good excuses for being lazy :)

Tomorrow however looks to be a sunny 70 degrees so I'm going to get the mountain bike out and take it for a spin in the morning, then I will be puppy sitting in the afternoon and I Curl at 5 pm. 

Saturday also looks to be a nice day so I plan to take the road bike out for a ride along the river, last weekend we did not have a lot of color for the Fall Colors tour so I'm going to try again this weekend.  This time I'm going to stick to riding along the river and skip the lakes part of the ride. I'm also thinking of by-passing the drop into Hidden Falls and take Summit Ave back home instead. Summit is always a beautiful ride and then I can check out the ghost bike on Summit and Snelling Ave. a memorial to the woman who was hit by a car while riding her bike.

Pedal, pedal pedal

No comments: