Monday, June 1, 2009

Exhaustion...

What a wonderful feeling. I'm sitting in San Diego California just taking a few minutes to myself. I was up at 0600 this morning, Kathy made a delicious breakfast, scrambled eggs, yogurt and fresh fruit along with a bagel. Yummy! We then put our bikes in the van and headed to Lake Hodges. I was not sure what to expect as I've never been off-road riding in California.

Whew, it was beautiful! We rode about 14 miles of moderate trails around Lake Hodges which is part of the San Dieguito River Park Trail system. About halfway through the ride we stopped along the lake for a snack. What an excellent day for a ride, it was overcast with a temperature of around 65. Just as we finished the ride the sun came out, perfect!



The Lake Hodges area had been damaged by wildfires a couple years ago but it's coming back. This is a picture of one of the irrigation projects.


Absolutely breath taking, I truly love the desert.


This is the spot where Kathy and I stopped for a snack.


View from the trail


Me starting the ride...


No comments: