Friday, April 2, 2010

New bike

OK, so I was in Seattle last month and stumbled upon a bike shop! Well, wait let me back up. I was in Seattle last month and fell in love with the city. There were bikes everywhere! All I could think about was where can I rent a bike??? I googled it and came up with nothing. I went to Happy Hour every night in the hotel we stayed in and chatted up the bartender in hopes of a bike recommendation. He told us that there was a place to rent bikes at Union lake. Kristin and I went for a 12 mile walk to Union Lake and back with no success; we could not find a place to rent a bike.

On our last night in Seattle we are strolling along and stumble upon Davidson bikes. They had the best bikes, road bikes, touring bikes, everything. I talked with the woman working and found out that they custom make their bikes. They are beautiful bikes.


I had already decided that I was going back to Seattle to take a glass blowing class with the Seattle Glass Blowing Studio so now I'm also going to have a custom touring bike built. I've been dreaming about a touring bike, I've been researching touring bikes online and I've been checking out all the local bike shops. The bikes in the Davidson shop were beautiful, I absolutely fell in love with them. Steel frames, custom built to my body and my color design! I get to pick the components and everything! My goal now is to spend the next 6 to 12 months saving money and writing down everything I can think of that I want in a bike. Then I'm heading back to Seattle taking my glass blowing class AND having a bike built! I'm so excited I could pee.

No comments: