Friday, July 16, 2010

Gotta Get Movin'

Here it is the middle of July, I have a 100 mile ride coming up in a couple of weeks and I haven't ridden more than 40 miles in one day! I'd like to blame it on the rain but I can only use that excuse for MT biking, can't ride the trails when they're wet. I can always ride on the road. I have been commuting to and from work so that has to count for something. And I've been using my bike for transportation whenever possible. OK, now I feel a little better :)

Today I'm off to get in a conditioning ride, I was hoping to leave the house by 0700 but I started the laundry and now I want to get it hanging on the line before I take off.

WTF I just went to fill my coffee cup and glanced out the window, it's raining! I guess that means my laundry gets an extra rinse cycle. ARRHHH! I'm still going for a ride.

I'm thinking of a combination hills and flats today, going to head West and catch the Bruce Vento trail and ride that into town then up to Mounds Park and over to Battle Creek, that should give me a little climbing. Then cruise on back and catch the Gateway Trail by Phalen Lake. I can take the Gateway out to Pine Point and back, all total I should get in about 50 miles. There's so much road construction this summer that even the bike trails are adveresly affected by it. I think I can avoid any construction by taking this route.

I have one more load of laundry to get on the line then I'm outta here!

Happy Trails!

No comments: