Sunday, January 22, 2012

Tough Ride

I'll take the extreme hot, the extreme cold, wind, snow, ice, rain, thunder, lightening whatever but I do not like this cold drizzly crap. When the weather is extreme cold or hot you prepare yourself for it and it's a challenge. Wind, rain, snow, ice they are all an adventure and challenge your skills. This drizzly cold stuff just makes my bones hurt :p
I had to give myself a pep-talk before riding today. The temperature was hovering around 20 degrees, the roads were slushy, icy in places and wet. There was a mist in the air when I started out and it slowly because drizzly then I don't know what. Not quite snow but not rain either; something in between. 
The Vento trail was actually nice, nothing but the sound of my tires rolling across the trail. The trail hasn't been plowed so it's a little slick at the intersections. I worked up a nice sweat while riding which gave me an excuse to have a second helping of Channa Masala at dinner tonight :) mmmm I love me some Indian food. 

No comments: