Saturday, July 13, 2013

Silver City to Hancock

For the first time my legs were feeling strong, thinking I'm finally getting my riding legs. Hit the first climb at about 20 miles. At around 25/28 miles I started another long climb with a fabulous down hill making it worth while. Not much to stop and see so I made pretty good time getting to South Range. There is a steep curvy downhill with a lot of traffic entering Houghton, I actually rode my brakes for most of it. Crossed the lift bridge into Hancock and zig zagged to the Ramada Inn,  63.11 miles.
Today I spent wandering around Houghton, lunch at 5th and Elm coffee cafe - walnut veggie burger and dinner at the Library bar and grill - 3 cheese pasta.
Had a beer at the lounge in the Ramada with a couple women from the group.
Hitting the sheets early in hopes of a good nights sleep, I hear we'll be climbing hills again tomorrow!
Loving the trip, excited to start riding again. My butt was happy to have a day off.
Allergies are a bit wonky and I've learned that Bert's beeswax provides no protection from wind and sun. Bought new products  with spf 23, my lips will be happy!

No comments: