Monday, September 8, 2008

Getting ready for Chequamegon

I love it my registration card says "short and fat women" what are they trying to tell me??? The Chequamegon Fat Tire Festival is this weekend. I have really been looking forward to this, I only hope I am ready for it. My game plan for this summer was to concentrate on mountain biking but as they say "make plans but don't plan on your plans." I've done more road riding this summer than I think I have done my entire life. It's just so much easier to find people to road ride than mountain bike but in any case I've been on my mountain bike and if I remember, the race is mostly fire roads so my road riding should be helpful.  

My goals this year:
1. finish the race
2. finish the race
3. climb big bertha
4. finish the race
5. get a better time than last year

Tara and I plan to take off on Thursday and head to Cable, we are staying at the Cable Nature Lodge and from the website it looks super nice. The Festival starts on Friday with a number of events; Chequamegon Area Mountain Biking Association (CAMBA) trail tours, a pasta feed, Trek factory demo tour and Tech service and a Sponsor and Vendor expo. I know I plan to take full advantage of it all. Last year we did not have time to pre-ride the course so this year I plan to ride the entire course on Friday. Take it nice and slow, get some pictures and hopefully figure out how to get up Big Bertha (a gigantic mound of wood chips). 

Last year we were able to make some great jersey purchases, everything $10; I am hoping to be able to find some long sleeve jerseys and if I'm lucky some cold weather gear.  

Tara and I will be competing in the Short & Fat cross country mountain bike race on Saturday, September 13, 2008. The race starts on Randysek Road in Cable WI at 10 am and finishes at Telemark Resort 15 miles away. 

Thanks to hitting the big 45 this year I will be racing in a different age category, I don't know if this is a good thing or not but maybe there wont be as many old ladies riding and I can get a higher ranking in my age group:)

No comments: