Monday, September 1, 2008

New Saddle, New Helmet

Happy day for me.  Yesterday I was finally able to get out on my mountain bike to check out the new saddle; it is very nice, my butt is happy. Today I picked up my new helmet which matches my bike and then my friend Tara and I went down to Harmon Park for a ride. It was a lot of fun, I had only been there once before so I was not sure what to expect.  Tara had never been there so I had to lead the way. We actually made it through the entire course without getting misplaced.  We had the Park to ourselves, it was great. Oh, wait I take that back we did meet a woman and her dog, and towards the end a guy with his kid crossed paths with us, but we were pretty much done by then. It was a very fun ride, we plan to head back again later this week. The best part is the Park is only about 15/20 minutes from our houses so it's easy to get a ride in after work. 

Tara and I will be doing the Chequamegon Fat Tire race together in a couple weeks. In the mean time we plan to ride as much as possible. I've been feeling a little burnt out lately so I really need to kick it into high gear and start eating better. No more beer until after the race. 


No comments: