Friday, April 1, 2011

I took the Challenge!

Whew; it's been a while. I'm not even going to try to catch up. Let's just say this winter sucked for riding, my job moved to Eagan and my commute went from 6 miles to 16 miles one way. And with all the snow, ice, and shitty weather we had I did not ride to work even one time after September 1, 2010. 

But as they say it's a new year! I've signed up for the 30 Days of Biking Challenge  and I'm looking forward to riding every day for the next 30 days. Yesterday I stopped at the bike shop on my way home from work and picked up some fenders for my road bike. I am not a fan of the brown stain up the backside. The fenders I bought are light weight race fenders that are attached using rubber bands. I went with these fenders for two reasons 1 they were on sale and 2 I can put them on and take them off easily (really just 'cause they were on sale). I put the fenders on yesterday in preparation for my 30 days of biking challenge. 

This evening I went for a nice casual ride through the neighborhood. The fenders worked great, no nasty brown streaks! 

Tomorrow my game plan is to ride to Artcrank but we shall see what Mother Nature brings. In any case I will get on my bike and ride. 

pedal, pedal, pedal... 

No comments: