Saturday, April 16, 2011

Past the Halfway Point

Today is Day 16 of 30 Days of Biking and I'm finally starting to feel like I'm getting some strength back in my legs. This past week has been tough; fierce headwinds every day. I've learned if I wait until after 5 pm the wind dies down a bit but I don't always have that luxury. I decided yesterday that I would start tracking my miles to see how many I ride during this 30 days and guess what? The battery went out in my bike computer! So now I'm trying to remember where I rode each day. So far I've been good about writing it on the calendar but there is one Monday that I don't remember yet. My approximate miles so far is 180! 

I'm hoping the weather will get better and I can add more miles to my daily rides. It would be great if I could hit 500 miles by the end of the month but I don't think that is realistic so I'm shooting for 350 as a minimum and aspiring towards 500 miles. 

No comments: