Thursday, July 17, 2008

Mesabi Trail vs Ore to Shore

Decisions, decisions, decisions...

I really want to ride in the Ore to Shore mountain bike race but cannot find anyone else who wants to do the ride.  It takes place in Marquette Michigan, August 9th and I just don't feel like driving that far, paying for a place to stay, riding a 28 mile mountain bike race and driving back by myself, does this mean I'm getting old??? Hate for that to happen. 

The alternative is doing the Great River Energy - Mesabi Trail ride on August 9th. This ride I have people to go with, it's closer to home therefore a much cheaper adventure.

I've never ridden the Mesabi Trail and I did the Ore to Shore race back in '06.  The Mesabi ride is a road bike ride, Ore to Shore is mountain bike, I just don't know. I have the Fat Tire race in September so I need more time on my mountain bike but the Mesabi ride is closer and would be a lot less expensive.  I'm going to Nevada the last two weeks in August and bringing my mountain bike so I can get some riding out there.  With the heat of Nevada I should drop some weight too, an added bonus!

Decisions, decisions... I'll have to sleep on this one.

No comments: