Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Mesabi Wins!

The decision has been made, I'll be doing the Mesabi Trail ride with Margeaux and Julie.  Margeaux and I plan to convoy up on Friday afternoon, chill out Friday evening and do the ride Saturday morning. If all goes as planned we'll attempt our first century ride (100 miles in one day). The ride itself is 51 miles with an additional 9 miles for those who want to do a metric century but we are thinking of going for the 100 mile mark!

I have not been riding much lately, actually I've not gotten on my bike since last Wednesday when I met Rhory in StillH20. That crash I had last Tuesday really did a number on me. I'm just now starting to feel better, I can turn my head without pain in my neck and my left knee is almost healed. No more playing with a camera on my handlebars and now I need to go purchase another camera.  I was able to download the video but I cannot use the camera anymore.  I think it will be cheaper to buy a new one than try to get it fixed.  I may decide to take it apart myself to look at it.  Who knows maybe I can fix it, the Navy told me I have a mechanical mind :) but I think they were just trying to get me to sign up. 

I plan to go mountain biking with the Penn Cycle women's group tomorrow then get a nice long ride in this weekend either Friday or Saturday.  I prefer riding on Friday mornings as there's less traffic. I think I'll map something out tonight and see if I can't get someone to ride along with me. I'm also going to try to upload some video of my ride from last Tuesday.

peace, ride on...

No comments: