Thursday, July 24, 2008

Trek vs Harley Davidson


I raced my mountain bike yesterday. OK, well it wasn't exactly a race. Ya see I rode from my house to StillH2o to meet Rhory for "coffee."  I arrived in StillH2o around 5PM and discovered it was Lumberjack Days, we had no idea it was going on otherwise we would have chosen a different location to meet. Upon my arrival I dialed up Rhorstar and we arranged to meet at PD Paddy's on the river. I know, I know a funny place for coffee but one person's coffee is another person's beer. Rhory arrived shortly after I did and we enjoyed an evening of chatting and had a couple beers.

When the time came to leave Rhory straddled her Harley Hugger and I leaped upon my Trek EX8 and off we flew, well to say flew might be a little strong ;)  Rhory to Blaine and me to St. Paul.  The climb out of StillH2o as always was a challenge but once atop the hill it was smooth sailing.  

When I arrived back home I called Miss Rhory and she had just turned off the engine of her HD. I traveled about 14 miles to my house and Rhory traveled about 40 to her house, I arrived just moments before her. So in my book Trek 1 Harley 0. I don't think Rhory will feel the same but that's OK, it's my blog. 

No comments: