Friday, August 22, 2008

Better Morning Route


Ahhh, the beauty of an early morning start. There is nothing, well almost nothing I like better than watching the sun rise in the morning. Today I was on my bike before 0600 and cruised East on Flamingo Rd. The traffic was light and I stayed on Flamingo until just before Interstate 515 (93/95) where I caught Annie Oakley Dr. South to Harmon Ave.  I went East on Harmon and had a sweet ride until it ended at Jimmy Durante Blvd.  I followed Jimmy until Tropicana Ave where I turned around and went back to Harmon Ave.  Both Harmon and Jimmy have designated bike lanes.  I followed Harmon West to Mountain Vista St, I turned left (South) on Mountain Vista St. thinking I would catch Hacienda Ave and ride that back. When I got to Tropicana for some reason I thought I had missed Hacienda so I turned West on Tropicana, big mistake!  The traffic was nasty and I don't just mean busy, I had a guy in a white pickup truck try to run me off the road and one woman in a white car intentionally make a right-hand turn in front of me, nearly hitting me. I know she saw me, because I saw her, we made eye contact and she still cut me off, BITCH! As soon as I was able to I turned North to get off Tropicana. I believe it was Sandhill Rd and it also had a designated bike lane. I rode back to Harmon, turned left and stayed on it until Las Vegas Blvd (the Strip). I was a little nervous about riding on The Strip, but what's a trip to Vegas if you don't ride your bike down Las Vegas Blvd? It was actually a great ride down to my hotel. 

When I returned to my room I mapped out a route, which I plan to try tomorrow morning, then it will be time to pack the bike and ship it back home.:(

No comments: