Sunday, August 17, 2008

Travel Case

Wednesday instead of mountain biking a few of us went for a road ride, which worked out nicely as I needed help to get my pedals loosened. We met at Penn cycle, went for a ride and afterwards the shop guys loosened my pedals for me. I felt much better after they informed me that it took two of them to loosen the pedals, I'm not as wimpy as I thought. 

Thursday I took my bike apart and packed it in the travel case, a pretty simple process.  I was also able to pack my shoes, tools and a couple accessories into the case. Friday I was off to the airport, this was the first time I had taken my bike on a plane so I was a little nervous about it. I went to the airport early in case it would take longer to get checked in but to my surprise it was simple. When I arrived in Las Vegas I expected to have to pick up the bike up in the area where golf clubs and skis are picked up but no, it came down the carousel shortly after my suit case. The only difficulty I encountered at all was maneuvering both the bike case and my suit case around people and through doorways. 

After arriving at my hotel room it took less than 45 minutes to put the bike back together. I have not had a chance to ride yet as I have had to attend to work business but it looks like Tuesday morning I should be able to get out for a ride.  I spoke with a security guy today and found out the safe places to bike.  Now if we can get the temperature to drop below 100 degrees that would be nice.

OK, I'm off to Map My Ride

No comments: