Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Pedals are not fun

I'm leaving Friday to head to Las Vegas for 11 days, yes I know that's a long time to be in Vegas but I have a convention I have to attend and some friends meeting me out there so it's going to be business and pleasure. Anyway, my game plan is to take my road bike with me so I can ride in the early mornings before my meetings start. I have spent the better part of an hour working on my bike, I can take it apart and put it back together again no problem, that is except the damn pedals. I have the proper tools I just don't have the strength to break them loose. I believe if I put the bike up on my trainer and stabilized it I could probably get them off but I wont have my trainer with me in Vegas so I need to get them off and back on again without using it. I guess I'll need to talk with the guys at the bike shop tomorrow and see if they have some tricks of the trade. I'm thinking if I squirt some liquid wrench on them and let 'em sit for the day they should come loose.  Otherwise I'm going to take the bike in and have the guys at the shop break them loose, then I can pack it up and put them back on. If I tighten them, I should be able to get them loose again when I need to pack up and come back. 

No comments: