Wednesday, August 27, 2008

Where's my bike?

Ok, I dropped my bike off at the UPS store located in the Flamingo hotel, Las Vegas, NV Sunday afternoon. I know, I know I went to the dark side, used the men in brown instead of the USPS but the USPS does not take a package that big.  Besides we have deals with UPS and FedEx, they use us we use them.  Anyway, I dropped the bike off Sunday and it's due to arrive at my house this Friday.  For $20 more I shipped it instead of flying it back home with me and it's insured so if they lose it or break it they pay me and I buy a new road bike. The flight out to Vegas was not bad, I checked in easy enough the only trouble was maneuvering the big case along with my regular suitcase but I managed. And it was much easier to drop it off Sunday at the Flamingo location than to cart it to the Tropicana Hotel then to the airport on Tuesday. I knew once I met up with Rhory and Diane there would be no more bike riding in Las Vegas. 

I just checked the UPS website tonight and my bike is in Commerce City, Co, it's getting the scenic ride home. 

I have the Chequamegon Fat Tire race coming up next month so I need to spend lots of time on my mountain bike.  I only have about 3 weeks to get ready and I am no where near ready for this race.  I bet I gained 10 lbs in Las Vegas, I had high hopes of dropping 5 pounds but it is nearly impossible to eat healthy when you are living in hotels and they give you free beer. The rest of this week will be dedicated to purging my body of all the junk food I ate this past 11 days.  I have a fairly healthy diet and when I deviate from it I pay the price. I am off work until Sunday so that gives me three free days to ride. Damn I could use a trainer, any volunteers????

1 comment:

Kim said...

as soon as i'm done being sick...