Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Las Vegas traffic


Well alright I finally got out on my bike today.  I'm not sure how far I rode but it was fun. I can say people in Vegas are not used to sharing the road with us. I don't think I have been honked at so many times in all the years I have been riding. I jumped on my bike at 0600 trying to avoid the serious heat of the day, after making a few adjustments to my brakes along the way I was off. The route was flat as a pancake the only thing I had to contend with was traffic, the heat and a tiny headwind from the southwest (desert). I have heard the phrase "it's a dry heat" and have used the phrase myself but when you are riding in triple digits it really does not matter whether it is a dry heat or not; it's HOT! I really enjoyed the ride and found two bike routes and plan to explore them more tomorrow. I'm going to try to hit the road a little earlier and watch the sun rise.  

1 comment:

Mrs. Air Force said...

My apologies for the jerks in this city. Everybody thinks the world owes them something.

Happy bike riding.